John
Site Admin

MSFS Billund Airport EKBI CTD after Sim Update 9.

SimNord is aware of an issue with CTD in EKBI after Sim Update 9. Apparently the CTD also happens with default EKBI when SimNord EKBI is disabled. I am looking into the issue and hope to have a solution ready soon. Sorry for the inconvenience!/John
John
SimNord
John
Site Admin

Re: MSFS Billund Airport EKBI CTD after Sim Update 9.

Update: I have today received information that Microsoft/Asobo has identified a bug in Sim Update 9, which causes the sim to crash at EKBI Billund and other airports, such as default BIRK Reykjavík Airport. Microsoft/Asobo is working on a solution, but unfortunately they can not yet provide a time frame for when an update is ready.
John
SimNord
John
Site Admin

It appears that CTD in EKBI Billund and other Nordic airports, including BIRK Reykjavík Airport, happens in Sim Update 9 if World Update V: Nordics is installed. A temporary solution is to deactivate World Update V: Nordics in Profile> Content Manager.
John
SimNord
Martin Damm

Hey John

Thanks for keeping us updated.

It's a shame with all the bugs after each update, but at this point I guess we've gotten used to it. However, it's nice to know that deactivating World Update V will allow me to use EKBI. I'm currently flying all 107 destinations so having the sim not crash at Billund is vital :D
FinnJ

Any feedback from Asobo when this will be fixed ?
John
Site Admin

FinnJ wrote: 03 May 2022, 19:13 Any feedback from Asobo when this will be fixed ?
Hi, sorry, no, there is no time time frame yet. This is the latest I've recieved from the Microsoft test team:
... to follow up on this, we found out today that a SU9 bug has been discovered that's causing crashes. It's currently being looked into. I don't have any info beyond that, but wanted to let you know that this is being worked on and hopefully a resolution will be found shortly.
we reported this to Asobo and they have indicated that they're looking into the cause. Currently I do not have a time frame for when a fix would be completed.
John
SimNord
John
Site Admin

Microsoft has released a patch for Microsoft Flight Simulator. The patch fixes a few issues following Sim Update 9, including some CTD issues. It appears that the CTD issue at Billund EKBI is fixed with this new patch. SimNord would love to see if CTD is still occurring for you in EKBI after the hotfix today. Please feel free to post your results here.
John
SimNord
jan@sport.dk

Hi. Just did a flight from EKCH to EKBI without any problems.
I have yesterday reinstalled NORDICS, Billund (Simnord) and Copenhagen (FlyTampa).
So all seems to work now 8-)
John
Site Admin

jan@sport.dk wrote: 12 May 2022, 15:12 Hi. Just did a flight from EKCH to EKBI without any problems.
I have yesterday reinstalled NORDICS, Billund (Simnord) and Copenhagen (FlyTampa).
So all seems to work now 8-)
Hi. Thanks for reporting back, appreciate it. I am glad that it is now working!
John
SimNord
FinnJ

I made a flight in the PMDG 737 from Billund to Stansted with the new Sim Update 9 patch and WU Nordic enabled.
Seems that the CTD has been fixed.
John
Site Admin

FinnJ wrote: 13 May 2022, 12:51 I made a flight in the PMDG 737 from Billund to Stansted with the new Sim Update 9 patch and WU Nordic enabled.
Seems that the CTD has been fixed.
Glad to hear that, thank you so much for this feedback, appreciate it.
John
SimNord

Return to “EKBI Billund Airport”