Er!k

[P3Dv4.5HF3] Billund X v1.4 black taxilines?

Hello, many thanks for keeping Billund up-to-date! I updated this morning in my P3Dv4 and noticed that the taxilines are entirely black (!) I completely uninstalled v1.3 as adviced and installed v1.4 afterwards.

Er!k

Re: [P3Dv4.5HF3] Billund X v1.4 black taxilines?

I found a back-up with my old installation and copied over the following files:
- vd_line_red
-vd_line_red_lm
- vd_line_taxi
- vd_line_taxi_lm
- vd_line_taxi_edge
- vd_line_taxi_edge_lm
- vd_line_white
- vd_line_white_lm
- vd_line_white_dashed
- vd_line_white_dashed_lm

v1.4 only contains vd_lines1 and vd_lines1_lm. Seems the textures were updated, but not the corresponding BGL files. With above workaorund the scenery displays normal:

John
Site Admin

Hi could you please check and see the file size and last modification date of the file ekbi_airport_layout.bgl Should be 770 KB (788.740 byte) and modified 30.06.2020 17:05

Also, did you reset the scenery to default in the Billund X Scenery Configuratior before uninstalling v.13?
John
SimNord
Er!k

Hi John, the file 'ekbi_airport_layout.bgl' is actually correct in file size and modified date. But I have disabled snow cover for the summer so the active *.bgl is 'ekbi_airport_layout_no_snow.bgl'. And this one is 1.00 MB last modified on 16-12-2018.
John
Site Admin

Hi

Sorry about that, I simply forgot to compile the "no snow cover" version og the ground polygon before uploading v. 1.4. So when the "no snow cover" option is enabled i the Billund X Scenery Configurator, the "old" ground polygon from v 1.3 is displayed. The old ground polygon uses the texture that you listed for the different types of lines and markings, the new ground polygon only uses one texture for lines and other markings.

Could you please try and open your Billund X Scenery Configurator and click on Reset Scenery To Default (important) , then download the attached file and copy the two bgl's to your Billund X scenery folder and see if that solves your problem.
Attachments
vidan_design_billund_x_ground_polygon_fix.zip
(646.22 KiB) Downloaded 102 times
John
SimNord
Er!k

Thanks for the quick update John. I tested and everything is back to normal now!

Return to “EKBI Billund Airport”