Moonflight3

Runway lighting

Hi,

Some years ago when I had Danish Airfields installed in FSX, I had a recurrent problem with default runway lighting appearing on top of the custom runway lighting.

Now I have the airfields installed in P3dv4 the same has happened. Any solution to this?

Many thanks
John
Site Admin

Re: Runway lighting

Hi, at which airfields do you see the issue? Maybe it's the 3D edge light model with a night texture applied that you see, and the light effect above the 3D model? Would it be possible for you to post a screenshot?
John
SimNord
Moonflight3

Hi John,

I see it at Randers, Herning and Sindal. Here's a screenshot.
randers.png
randers.png (967.84 KiB) Viewed 4449 times
John
Site Admin

Hi, thanks, would it be possible for you to send me your order numbers for Randers, Herning and Sindal. Thanks :)
John
SimNord
Moonflight3

Certainly. I'd rather not put them on a public forum though. How do I send them to you?
John
Site Admin

Moonflight3 wrote: 18 Dec 2020, 23:48 Certainly. I'd rather not put them on a public forum though. How do I send them to you?
Hi, please email them to me at: john@vidandesign.com
John
SimNord
John
Site Admin

Hi, thanks for sending me your order numbers. Are you sure, that you had this issue in FSX also? I have looked into it, and I believe that it occurs because I have used two different methods for implementing runway edge ligts in the FSX version and in the P3D version. I FSX, the edge ligts are custom modeled lights of the "old" type "bgl lights", where the individual lights are placed at the exact same location as the 3D taxiway edge light model. In P3D, the "bgl lights" type dosen't work, so I have instead used the default "build in" runway edge light system, and kept the 3D taxiway edge light models. But these lights are not in the exact same location as the 3D models.They appear to be emitting light, but that's just the night texture. A temporary solution would be to remove the 3D taxiway edge light models, but I will try and see if I can come up with a better solution. Sorry that I am not able to fix it right now, but I will work on solving the issue.
John
SimNord
Moonflight3

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. Yes, I'm sure it was there in FSX. Oddly, I would sometimes find the lights were okay at the departure airport but when I got to my destination airport the runway had the default lights I remember that changing my Nvidia drivers seemed to solve the problem for a while, but it soon recurred. Updating drivers didn't affect the problem in P3dv4.

Paul

Return to “SimNord Danish Airfields”