John
Site Admin

Freeware: Aarhus Airport X v. 1.2 released

Aarhus Airport X is a highly detailed scenery of Aarhus Airport EKAH, AAR, situated near Tirstrup, 20 nautical miles north east of the city of Aarhus, Denmark's second largest city.

New in v. 1.2: New 40 cm/pixel photoreal ground terrain with seasonal variation. New autogen trees. Aircraft shelters (HAS) added. ADE updated. Fixed an issue with missing taxiway textures in Prepar3D. For FSX SP2/Acceleration and Prepar3Dv2. Please note: Before installing v1.2 you must first uninstall any previous versions of Aarhus Airport X.

Download here: http://www.vidandesign.com/aarhusairportx.html
John
SimNord
Penz

Re: Freeware: Aarhus Airport X v. 1.2 released

Overraskende søndagsgave!

Tusind tak John! :)
- Jens Peter "Penz" Pedersen
John
Site Admin

Penz wrote:Overraskende søndagsgave!

Tusind tak John! :)
Det var så lidt, JP. Godt at vide, at der i hvert fald er 1, der er glad :mrgreen:
John
SimNord
Penz

My flyby this morning in P3D, as seen from the tower; low clouds and rainy weather:
John
Site Admin

Godt billede med smukt, regnfuldt vejr, JP. Er det en F-16, der flyver forbi? Apropos militærflyvning i DK, så har jeg gjort lidt reklame for dit Skrydstrup scenery i min tråd på flightsim.no: http://flightsim.no/forum/smf/index.php?topic=82713.0
John
SimNord
Penz

John wrote:Er det en F-16, der flyver forbi?
Ja, det er mig i ET-210, set fra tårnet! :)
John wrote:Apropos militærflyvning i DK, så har jeg gjort lidt reklame for dit Skrydstrup scenery i min tråd på flightsim.no: http://flightsim.no/forum/smf/index.php?topic=82713.0
Uh oh - så blir det nok sablet ned af Andrew ... han er en hård hund ... men mange tak John (jeg bliver helt flov, lol :oops: ), det motiverer alt sammen til at komme i gang med en tiltrængt update af modeller og taxiways/runways.
Selkan

Hi, I have been trying to Download Aarhus Airport X v 1.2 for the last couple of days. I get to about 120MB of the Download, and my ZIP file on my desktop then appears to have completed the Download, which of course it has not.

I have tried about six times, and the same happens each time. I just wanted to know there is no problem your end? I already use V1.1, so would like to get hold of the new version.

Only a few days ago, I Downloaded four large files from OrbX (10GB), and all was well, so I don't think it is my end.

Thanks
John
Site Admin

Hi Selkan

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble downloading the file. A few others have reported about similar download problems, so I'll try to investigate if there is something wrong on my end. Have you tried to save the file to a different location than the previous times you have tried to download it. (e.g., in a new folder)? The file size should be: 352 MB (369,134,606 byte). I'll try to upload my files to another server tonight as a temporary solution, sorry for the inconvenience.

/John
John
SimNord
Selkan

Hi John, thanks for such a quick response. L'll just try downloading to another folder etc, and will report back.
Selkan

Hi again John, just tried to download to another folder; got as far as 115mb, then same problem. Just to let you know.
John
Site Admin

Hi, Selkan, thanks for reporting back. I'm working on a solution, hopefully i'll have a alternative download link ready soon!
John
SimNord
John
Site Admin

Hi Selkan, please try this link:

http://1drv.ms/1ugeiKR

Put a check mark in the box and click the download button

John
SimNord
Selkan

Hi John, not working for me. I am getting a red coloured padlock reads:- Cannot connect to the real onedrive.live.com --- Currently interfering with your secure connection to onedrive.live.com

I am not sure what all that means, but over to you again!
John
Site Admin

Selkan wrote:Hi John, not working for me. I am getting a red coloured padlock reads:- Cannot connect to the real onedrive.live.com --- Currently interfering with your secure connection to onedrive.live.com

I am not sure what all that means, but over to you again!
Hi Selkan
The link should work fine. I have had it confirmed by other users. Could it be that it's your firewall or antivirus that prevents you from downloading? Maybe you could try to temporarily turn off your firewall and see if that helps. Or maybe it's your antivirus that prevents your download, because the zip file contains an installation program (exe file) that it perceives as potentially harmful?

You could also try to empty your browser cache and your temporary Internet files folder
John
SimNord
Selkan

Hi John, there's good news and bad news! For some reason my Study PC will not download the scenery, but I decided to try my better halfs Laptop; don't know why I hadn't thought of that before! Anyway, I downloaded to her PC and all is well. I can now use a memory stick to transfer.

For your information, I have my own 737-800 home built cockpit, using three projectors and a tripleheadtogo Unit. Your scenery will soon be expanded across a screen 19'6" X 5'6", and I'm sure will look impressive.

Many thanks for your attentive help; I guess we will never know exactly why 'this' PC didn't like the download, but not to worry.

Thanks.
John
Site Admin

I'm glad that you finally got the file! I can not explain why your PC will not download it. My Web host support reports that everything is working normally. Anyway, I hope that you enjoy EKAH and that the scenery looks good in your home built cockpit set-up. Please feel free to post some images here on my forum! :D
John
SimNord
Selkan

Hi John, I would gladly post some pictures, but my digital camera can only photograph sections of the sim, as I can't get far enough 'back' to take a really good shot. I'm not exactly sure how to post pictures. If you want to give me a step by step. I'll give it a go.
Selkan

Hi again John, about one and a half years ago I posted a six minute video of part of my Sim. If anyone would like to have a look, go to 'youtube' and in the search box type:-

young visitors to my 737-800 flight deck

In the list of videos that come up, you want the one by Selkan.

As the title suggests, I had a couple of 11 year olds visit me; one did the take off, and the other the landing. The filming is not wonderful, I was not doing it!, but for those interested it will show part of my 737-800.
John
Site Admin

Selkan wrote:Hi again John, about one and a half years ago I posted a six minute video of part of my Sim. If anyone would like to have a look, go to 'youtube' and in the search box type:-

young visitors to my 737-800 flight deck

In the list of videos that come up, you want the one by Selkan.

As the title suggests, I had a couple of 11 year olds visit me; one did the take off, and the other the landing. The filming is not wonderful, I was not doing it!, but for those interested it will show part of my 737-800.
http://youtu.be/l8ebGwcJz4s

Hi Selkan

Wow, that is a very impressive set-up you have there, looks like a professional simulator. ;) Thanks for sharing!

I have put a link to your video in this post. You can insert direct links to your videos in your posts by going to your video on YouTube, click on the share button, copy the link and paste it in your post, like this:

http://youtu.be/l8ebGwcJz4s
John
SimNord
Selkan

Thanks John, started to build it in 2004. Just a little info for those interested. I have one main Server PC (high spec), and six! Clients networked through a hub running Project Magenta software for Pilot/Co Pilot/FMC/MCP/QickMap/Whazzup (map program). I have a D-Box motion seat, Pilot seats only - costs a lot!, and as mentioned 3 X NEC 610 short throw projectors. These sit on the floor in front of sim. only 2'6" from screen. The Hardware in Sim. is from Precision Flight Controls - San Fransico!

Did a flight yesterday from Aarhusairport V1.2, up to Oslo. Your airport John looks very good, many thanks as it is after all freeware.

Thanks for putting the link in.

Return to “General discussion”