mburkhard

Airport photo layer colour matching to ORBX?

Dear Vidan Design,

I'm very much enjoying your Danish airports and airfields as I own most of them, and I am very much looking forward to flying to Billund too!

However I was wondering whether you would ever consider to provide your customers with an optional photo texture download to colour match airports with the surrounding FTX Global / OpenLC EU textures, if one uses these?
On many airports the borders/transitions between ORBX textures and your photo textures are very well visible, lessening the immersion a little bit when on approach to one of those airports. So it would be great to have some small optional colour correction to match to ORBX! Obviously you wouldn't have to do this for airports and airfields where you have covered the entire island, nor would it matter for Real Denmark X, because that is an entire country. But for those airports with small patches of photo texture, such as Bornholm or Sonderborg, this really would be a fantastic option.

Thanks,
Markus
John
Site Admin

Re: Airport photo layer colour matching to ORBX?

Hi Markus

I will consider it, but I can not promise anything at this time. All my sceneries are developed for stock FSX/P3D ground textures, land class and vector data. But I am aware that many uses ORBX products and I have several times thought of making versions that matches ORBX textures better. I do not have FTX Global or OpenLC installed myself so I can not currently test my sceneries with these add-ons.
John
SimNord
mburkhard

Thanks John for considering this. There are indeed a lot of people flying with ORBX Global and OpenLC Europe as it provides a solid base for flying VFR in Europe (plus Vector, but that's not relevant in this matter).

Perhaps Billund will be the first airport to provide this option, that would be great! :)
alehead

If you would like any assistance with testing airports against OrbX products, do not hesitate to contact me. I would be happy to help out!

Andrew

Return to “General discussion”