ozboater

Vidan scenery works in P3Dv4

P3Dv4 was installed by me a couple of hours ago.

The very first scenery installed was my lovely Jutland North, and it appears to work perfectly in daytime flight.

Please note that I have not checked night scenery yet. I've not spent much time seeing if all of the scenery elements are present at each airport. I wouldn't be able to tell if something was missing - there are more eagle-eyed people out there than me to do this, but so far so good.

I created a new folder in my P3Dv4 directory called \ADDON Scenery.

Next I cut and pasted the Vidan Design folder from P3Dv3 into this new ADDON Scenery folder.
Then I started P3Dv4 to enter the P3Dv4 Scenery Library Editor and manually entered as a new entry for each of my Vidan Denmark sceneries (I have them all) - Jutland North, then all of the airports in turn, pointing the editor to the relevant folder for each scenery.

So far, I have not visited all the airports yet - so much to see and check with a new sim to play with - but Jutland North, and the 6 airports I checked so far all seem to appear correctly.

There were a lot of stutters that dismayed me, until in settings I clicked on Vsync and set a max framerate of 30. Now it is nice and smooth on my 65" Samsung 8000 4K TV that I use as a computer monitor. Flight sims are a joy to behold when experienced like this.

I will uninstall P3Dv3 completely as I get my new scenery and aircraft updated for P3Dv4, and I have only one copy of the Vidan scenery on my computer, in just one sim (P3Dv4, now).

John, please let me, and the Board, know if this violates any User Agreements, and I'll be happy to correct matters.

Just thought that people moving to P3Dv4 would like to know that so far it seems to work well on the new sim.
John
Site Admin

Re: Vidan scenery works in P3Dv4

Hi

I glad that you managed to get my sceneries working in v4. You are not violating the license agreement. I will update my sceneries and release new v4 installers as soon as I have finished testing them in the new sim. The updates will be free of charge for exsisting customers. I do not have a time estimate yet on how long time it will take.
John
SimNord
wothan

I have installed Billund X, Sonderborg X and Aarhus X

all 3 sceneries seems to work flawless.

With Billund X I also updated and registered SODE version 1.5.1 (with 64bit support) found here: http://sode.12bpilot.ch/?page_id=9
This way also animated Jetways will work.

I simply copied over My "Vidan" folder from P3D V3 into P3D V4 and manually activated them in the Scenery library.
John
Site Admin

Good to know. I am glad that you managed to get them to work in the new sim. Thanks for sharing the information. Hopefully it won't be too long before I have the new installers ready.
John
SimNord
sungam2011

Hey
I have install p3d v4, But i have not p3d v3 on my pc. So Can i stil install tha scenery from Vidan design?
John
Site Admin

Hi

The installers only supports v3. I am working on installers with v4 support.
John
SimNord
sungam2011

Okay, that sounds great. Do you have any idear, when tha installer work with v4?
John
Site Admin

sungam2011 wrote:Okay, that sounds great. Do you have any idear, when tha installer work with v4?
The v4 installer for Billund X should be ready tomorrow, wednesday :)
John
SimNord
sungam2011

Thanks, I have downloaded it, it work. What about Bornholm?
John
Site Admin

Hi

Bornholm and all my other sceneries will all be updated to v4 as well.
John
SimNord
sungam2011

Thanks. Andn again when?
John
Site Admin

sungam2011 wrote:Thanks. Andn again when?
As soon as possible. I do not have a time estimate yet on how long time it will take.
John
SimNord
sungam2011

Okay, thanks for the help:-)

Return to “General discussion”