Er!k

[P3Dv4] Vidan Design Billund X v1.02 -> GSX does not interact with SODE (v1.5.3)

I also asked this question over at the FSDT forum:
Today did a flight to Billund in P3Dv4 (Vidan Design v1.02). The scenery has SODE jetways included and they do work. However, when arrived at the gate GSX does not recognize the SODE jetways, so I need to use SODE to operate the jetways. Also stairs are by default placed at door L1 (I removed them with the config tool) for all gates with jetways.

Is this something that can be fixed in a future update?
Umberto gave me the following reply:
There's no reason GSX won't work with a 3rd party scenery with SODE jetways, since it has been designed to recognize such jetways. Is this scenery made using the latest SODE jetway SDK ? If it's using a very early version, it's possible jetways might not be recognized.
Thread is over here: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index. ... 205.0.html

Anyone else experiencing the same?
AndersFG

Re: [P3Dv4] Vidan Design Billund X v1.02 -> GSX does not interact with SODE (v1.5.3)

Okay... I've been digging around a little with Vidan Design EKBI...

It seems that GSX is working correctly but for some reason, the scenery itself is incorrectly configured. At least as far as I can tell.

I found this in SODE.log file:

Code: Select all

[15:31:33.794] DEBUG SODE.FSLOOP :  [API::TRIGGER] Received Trigger Client Data: ObjID=8, DoorDesignator='1L', OwnFlag=0, DoorDataOverrideFlag=1, Mode=1
[15:31:33.794] WARN SODE.FSLOOP :  [JETWAY CONTROL SYSTEM] No 'jetway.cfg' found. Unable to move Jetway...
Something in the scenery is missing, because I assume that the API::TRIGGER line means, that GSX 'asks' the SODE jetway to connect - but SODE throws an error back, saying it can't find a 'jetway.cfg' file... Hence, the jetway won't move...

I guess, I'll have to see if Vidan Design will take a look at this...
John
Site Admin

Re: [P3Dv4] Vidan Design Billund X v1.02 -> GSX does not interact with SODE (v1.5.3)

Hi. Can you operate the jetways normally with SODE (TAB+S)?
John
SimNord
AndersFG

John wrote:Hi. Can you operate the jetways normally with SODE (TAB+S)?
Yes I can... That part works fine.

I have raised this as an issue at the SODE Support Forums, and got reply back. It seems, that it's a problem with GSX, which apparently tries to call a static jetway.
This is the full log:

[17:15:29.704] INFO : SODE Version 1.5.3
[17:15:29.704] INFO : Targetting Platform 'P3Dv4'
[17:16:46.855] INFO SODE.FSLOOP : ### FILTERING OBJECTS WITHIN SIM RADIUS OF 40000m
[17:16:46.897] INFO SODE.FSLOOP : ### Active SimObjects: 10; Active Wind Data Probes: 0
[17:16:46.974] INFO SODE.FSLOOP : + SimObject VidanDesign_EBKI_Stands:Jetway 1 PARKING 26 [VidanDesign_EKBI_Jetway_Static_0]. ID: 6
[17:16:46.975] INFO SODE.FSLOOP : + SimObject VidanDesign_EBKI_Stands:Jetway 1 PARKING 28 [VidanDesign_EKBI_Jetway_Static_0]. ID: 7
[17:16:47.036] INFO SODE.FSLOOP : + SimObject VidanDesign_EBKI_Stands:Jetway 1 PARKING 29 [VidanDesign_EKBI_Jetway_Static_1]. ID: 8
[17:16:47.036] INFO SODE.FSLOOP : + SimObject VidanDesign_EBKI_Stands:Jetway 1 PARKING 31 [VidanDesign_EKBI_Jetway_Static_1]. ID: 9
[17:16:47.036] INFO SODE.FSLOOP : + SimObject VidanDesign_EBKI_Stands:Jetway 1 PARKING 32 [VidanDesign_EKBI_Jetway_Static_1]. ID: 10
[17:16:47.038] INFO SODE.FSLOOP : + SimObject VidanDesign_EBKI_Stands:Jetway 1 PARKING 34 [VidanDesign_EKBI_Jetway_Static_1]. ID: 11
[17:16:47.038] INFO SODE.FSLOOP : + SimObject VidanDesign_EBKI_Stands:Jetway 1 PARKING 35 [VidanDesign_EKBI_Jetway_Static_1]. ID: 12
[17:16:47.038] INFO SODE.FSLOOP : + SimObject VidanDesign_EBKI_Stands:Jetway 1 PARKING 37 [VidanDesign_EKBI_Jetway_Static_1]. ID: 13
[17:16:47.038] INFO SODE.FSLOOP : + SimObject VidanDesign_EBKI_Stands:Jetway 1 PARKING 38 [VidanDesign_EKBI_Jetway_Static_1]. ID: 14
[17:16:47.038] INFO SODE.FSLOOP : + SimObject VidanDesign_EBKI_Stands:Jetway 1 PARKING 40 [VidanDesign_EKBI_Jetway_Static_1]. ID: 15
[17:16:47.827] INFO SODE.FSLOOP : SeasonalObjectHandler: Refreshing Season/Time Data...
[17:17:33.992] DEBUG SODE.ACFTEXITS : No Custom Data Found for X:\Prepar3D\SimObjects\Airplanes\PMDG 737-800NGX WL\. Using original aircraft.cfg exit data!
[17:17:38.149] INFO SODE.FSLOOP : SeasonalObjectHandler: Refreshing Season/Time Data...
[17:18:36.733] INFO SODE.FSLOOP : SeasonalObjectHandler: Refreshing Season/Time Data...
[17:18:40.363] DEBUG SODE.FSLOOP : [API::TRIGGER] Received Trigger Client Data: ObjID=8, DoorDesignator='1L', OwnFlag=0, DoorDataOverrideFlag=1, Mode=1
[17:18:40.364] WARN SODE.FSLOOP : [JETWAY CONTROL SYSTEM] No 'jetway.cfg' found. Unable to move Jetway...

[17:19:13.810] INFO SODE.FSLOOP : SODE disconnected from Simulator!
[17:19:13.811] DEBUG SODE.FSPROCESS : Cleaning up Memory...
[17:19:13.815] DEBUG SODE.FSPROCESS : Removing Top-Menu structure...
[17:19:13.815] DEBUG SODE.FSPROCESS : Closing Connection to FS.
[17:19:13.915] INFO : Terminate SODE.

Apparently (I've highlighted the problem areas/lines in bold) you can see, that API::TRIGGER tries to call a static jetway (ID=8) and fails...

I'd assume it's something which needs to be fixed in GSX or is it a scenery issue?
I'm not sure as to why SODE only displays / finds static jetways? Or am I reading it wrong?

Thanks alot for your support.
John
Site Admin

Have you tried running the FSDT live updater tool as suggested by Jeffrey at the SODE forum?
John
SimNord
AndersFG

John wrote:Have you tried running the FSDT live updater tool as suggested by Jeffrey at the SODE forum?
Yes. Had no effect.

I just wanted to make sure, that it wasn't anything with the scenery. It's not all sceneries which behave this way... All FSDT's SODE compliant sceneries work, Aerosoft Oslo 2.0 work and FligthBeam KMSP work...

Thanks again for support.
I guess I'll wait for FSDT to correct this...
John
Site Admin

Hi. That's strange. I am not sure, why EKBI is behaving differently than your other airports. The jetways in EKBI was created by Jeffrey (the author of SODE), and I am pretty sure, that they are working correctly. I noticed that you over at the SODE forum says that you recieve a "no service available ..." message when you operate the jetways with SODE. Is that correct? And if so, is it happening at all stands and with all type of aircrafts?
John
SimNord
AndersFG

John wrote:Hi. That's strange. I am not sure, why EKBI is behaving differently than your other airports. The jetways in EKBI was created by Jeffrey (the author of SODE), and I am pretty sure, that they are working correctly. I noticed that you over at the SODE forum says that you recieve a "no service available ..." message when you operate the jetways with SODE. Is that correct? And if so, is it happening at all stands and with all type of aircrafts?
Yes. That's correct.

But I can choose Select Stand and then activate the jetway. All through TAB+S menu. That part is working as it should. It's all aircrafts... but only some airports, for some reason... and it's both in Prepar3D v4 and Prepar3D v3.

So far, I haven't found any common denominator between the two airports - for instance Aerosoft Oslo 2.0 (where it's working as it should with GSX controlling it) and Vidan Design EKBI (where I get this strange error). All I know is, that is has worked in EKBI... Don't know if it was update to 1.2 which changed something? I've tried with SODE 1.5.3, 1.5.2 and 1.5.1 - all with same results... Have tried installing Prepar3D v4 without and with hotfix 1 - both with same result. Tried different aircrafts (PMDG 777, PMDG 737, FSLabs A320-X), different stands...

I'm kinda of a loss here of what to do next... and I'm actually still not sure, that has anything to do with Vidan Design EKBI, since it doesn't work with Drwezckei Design NYC Airport V2 (which was just released) and Taxi2Gate LFPG either...

My best bet is something has changed in GSX... but I don't understand what and why... I seem to have tried quite a few options, so far....
wothan

The issue is that the SODE xml file for EKBI is incorrectly setup.

If You open up the VidanDesign_EBKI_Stands.xml then You will see that the AfcadGateName="PARKING", whereas it should be AfcadGateName="GATE" for all Gates.

The issue is that GSX looks for the Parking / gate position You are on in the AFCAD file. In the AFCAD file the names are GATE XX, but when sending this to SODE, it cannot find any GATE XX name, since in the VidanDesign_EBKI_Stands.xml they are called PARKING XX.

Extract the attached file (Backup the old one first !!) into: C:\ProgramData\12bPilot\SODE\xml
VidanDesign_EBKI_Stands.zip
(848 Bytes) Downloaded 165 times
Now GSX should interact correctly with SODE.

Best regards
Finn Jacobsen
John
Site Admin

Hi Finn

Thanks. I have made a quick test and it seems to work just fine when operating the jetways via the SODE menu. I do not have GSX installed myself so I cannot test if it also works with GSX. I will contact Jeffrey and ask him to confirm that the .xml need to be corrected.
John
SimNord
John
Site Admin

Jeg har været i kontakt med Jeffrey (som har udviklet SODE og lavet animationer af jetways i Billund X) og han har bekræftet, at PARKING skal rettes til GATE i VidanDesign_EBKI_Stands.xml før det fungerer med GSX. Jeg vil tage denne rettelse med i den næste opdatering til Billund sammen med enkelte andre mindre rettelser. Som GSX bruger må man altså indtil videre betjene jetways med TAB+S.
John
SimNord

Return to “EKBI Billund Airport”