mburkhard

Windsocks, TWY Edge Lights

Thank you for this fantastic scenery of Aalborg, I like it a lot! It seems that no matter which corner of the huge airport area you go, you are always surrounded by good detail and crisp textures, well done!

One thing I'm missing is the windsocks, I can't see them next to both runway ends nor at the GA apron. Did you not add them or is there an issue with my installation? If you didn't include them, would you consider adding them in a future update? Preferably some nice SODE-controlled examples used by many other developers :)

And a second issue: I can't see any light glow on the taxiway edge lights. The 3D models of each light are present, but they are not lit up during night time. Any idea?

Thanks again for your great work!
Markus
John
Site Admin

Re: Windsocks, TWY Edge Lights

Hi Marcus

Thank you for your kind words about Aalborg X, they are much appreciated :-) I am glad that you like the scenery.

The animated windsocks in the FSX version was not added by mistake. I will add them as soon as possible and make them available as a optional patch. In regards to P3D, I will look into the possibility of adding SODE controlled dynamic windsocks.

In regards to your light issue, just to make sure, are you referring to the blue taxi lights? Under which circumstances do you experience the issue, is it both when you start your flight in EKYT and when you are arriving from another airport?
John
SimNord
John
Site Admin

Hi Marcus

Could you please try and copy these two files (see attachment) to your Effect folder located in your main FSX/P3D directory

copy vd_light_halo2.bmp to [Your sim] Effects/texture
copy fx_vd_navblue2.fx to [Your sim] Effects
John
SimNord
mburkhard

John,

sorry for not getting back to you earlier, I was too busy with work.
I saw on FB that you placed some beautiful windsocks already, thanks for these!

I'll try these new effect files ASAP!

Thanks,
Markus
mburkhard

John,

the taxiway edge lights now light up perfectly fine after installing the new files, thanks!

Markus
John
Site Admin

Good to hear, Markus. Thanks for reporting back :)
John
SimNord

Return to “EKYT Aalborg Airport”