NavyKing1992

Static Aircraft Shadow

I did buy Billund X Airport last week. Platform FSX.
Great scenery but there is an issue with some static aircraft shadow, not with all. It looks like a square. It happens only in the sim day time. Not in the sim dawn, dusk and night time.
Any ideas or solutions ??? because it looks pretty bad. There must be an issue with the texture file or the alpha channel. I did attach some pics.

Thanks , Chris
Pic 1.png
Pic 1.png (3.61 MiB) Viewed 1769 times
Pic 2.png
Pic 2.png (3.37 MiB) Viewed 1769 times
Pic 3.png
Pic 3.png (3.68 MiB) Viewed 1769 times
John
Site Admin

Re: Static Aircraft Shadow

Hi Chris

I have looked into this, and I can confirm that there is an issue with static aicraft shadows if "Ground scenery shadows" is activated in FSX settings. I will try and fix the issue and make a patch available as soon as possible. Thanks for reporting the issue, and thanks for your kind comment about the scenery. I am glad that you like it.
ekbi_static_shadow.jpg
ekbi_static_shadow.jpg (1.09 MiB) Viewed 1761 times
John
SimNord
NavyKing1992

John,

thanks for the quick reply. Sounds good. It is not common that developers "act like you". Great support.

One more question: If you are going to fix that, it is possible to replace the DHL Airbus static aircraft, since DHL do not use A320 passenger aircraft.
I know that it is not important for an scenery, but if you could..........................!

Chris
John
Site Admin

A small optional patch that fixes the shadow issue is now available here: http://www.vidandesign.com/support.html

I have also change the textures for A320 DHL static so that the model looks more like the cargo version. Ideally it should be a B757 instead and hopefully I can replace the model at some point.
John
SimNord
NavyKing1992

Dear John,

thank you very much for the update. That is a great customer support.
I will give a try on it next weekend.

Again, Thanks

Chris

Return to “EKBI Billund Airport”